Monday, February 11, 2013

Feb 4, 2013


Hey family and friends,
Well this has been a crazy but good week. They moved a missionary up from Montgomery, Elder Rice, and we were assigned to be trainers for two new visa waiters straight from the MTC. Today we moved into a different (bigger) apartment (in the same complex) to handle the four of us. We moved from a one bedroom, one bath to a two bedroom, two bath! This beats the four of us in one bedroom sharing one bathroom. No more cold showers! :) My new address is 48 Aspen Cove apt. 204 Homewood, Al  35209. Not sure how long this will be my address, we have transfers next week on the 13th. We will see what happens.
I'm training Elder Johnson from Pennsylvania he waiting for his visa and will serve in Brazil. He is a very quiet, soft spoken missionary and very humble. I'm very thankful to be serving with him. Elder Rice is from Montana. He and I get along great. He is very good at playing the piano, like probably the best I have seen. haha Elder Rice is training Elder Blocher from Tennessee. He too is waiting for his visa and will serve in Brazil. I am the only one that knows the area, so it has been a little crazy trying to get everyone up to speed.
We had zone training this week and the discussion was about how we can step up even more to be better missionaries. I still have a lot I can work on, but I'm very thankful for the love and patience Heavenly Father has for me.
So yesterday I got up to bear my testimony and shared the story about Rhett finding his phone in the snow. Not sure why, but it keep coming in my mind. Maybe someone needed to hear about an example of faith and prayer. Rhett has always been one that has faith in prayer, that's awesome!
We walked probably 10 miles in one day this week. Haha. It was pretty intense. It started to rain and was freezing! I don't want it to be summer, it is toooooo hot down here! But I don't want it to be cold! I wish I could control the weather.
This Sunday we will be having a "come and see Sunday". This is where they put out a sign on the front lawn of the church and people come and see what it is like to attend a Mormon church. Members invite friends and afterwards there is a tour of the church and a potluck dinner. Should be fun!
I didn't even know it was the Superbowl Sunday! Haha. I always love getting together to watch it with family and friends. I hope y'all had fun! I will be there to watch the next one with you.
I can't believe all the friends returning home from their missions. That crazy! Time is going by quick!
Well, enough for now. Thank you for all the prayers! Hope all is well.
Love y'all!
Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment