Tuesday, February 7, 2012






Hi ya'll

Wow, this week has been a handful. Last Saturday, President Holzapfel told me and Elder Sawyer we were going to be split up. He told me I would be staying in the Bessemer area and getting a new companion. On Tuesday I had a feeling that it may be more than just having a new companion. When we reported Wednesday for transfers, I was called to be a district leader and trainer. As a district leader, I am responsible for 10 missionaries. In my group are two sister missionaries, two senior couples and four elders (including me and my new companion). As a district leader, I am to hold weekly training meetings, (teaching from Preach My Gospel), interview new investigators regarding baptism, and lots of phone calls reporting to the zone leaders. I will be on my knees a lot asking Heavenly Father for help, but that is ok with me. President Holzapfel also assigned me to be a trainer. My new companion has only been in the mission field for six weeks. He is 21 years old and is from West Valley. His name is Elder Epperson. We don't have too much in common, he is a ballroom dancer. He does like to skateboard and wakeboard.

The weather here has been pretty warm, right now it is in the 70's. So I am keeping warm.

We have no new investigators that we are working with, but we are looking and working hard with the ward. We are trying to set up a BBQ open house on the 24th at the ward. It is harder than I thought it would be, but we are trying to have entertainment, food and cupcake wars. We are hoping for a good turnout.

Tell the Smarts that my thoughts and prayers are with their family.

Just know that I am working hard and things are good. I can do hard things.

Is there anything I can do for any of you?

Always love you and Roll Tide ;)

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment