Monday, February 27, 2012

Hey Family,

This past week was a stressful and good week. It started off last Monday as we helped a member in our ward build a new shed in his back yard because his last one was taken away in last year’s April tornado. Then we went to a sisters house to help her with her yard and also to burn ditches. It was exciting, but not as fun and exciting as doing it with Grandpa Nessen on the back of the 4 wheeler. We then had to burn a huge pile of sticks and leaves. Then we quickly went back and got cleaned up to go and teach a Preach My Gospel class at the church. Erin’s friend Amber came, which was really good.

Thursday might have been one of the best days of my mission so far. We worked on our weekly planning, then I interview 2 kids in Oak Mountain to be baptized. Then Amber's mom invited us to their house. We were so excited, but so nervous because we had not met her step dad yet and of course he is Baptist. When we got there, we just started talking for a bit. We then started teaching lesson 2 about the plan of salvation, then a little out of lesson 1 about the restoration. I felt like I was all over the place, and not meaning to say it out loud, but I said "man I am all over the place" and my companion quickly said, "ya you are", so I sat there for a few seconds, and felt the Holy Ghost just take over. I bore my testimony on how much I love my family and that I know that I can be with them forever because my Savoir Jesus Christ loves me along with my Heavenly Father. I then asked him if he wants to be with his family forever, and he said yes. I then felt the prompting not to talked about the gospel, but just be a friend. When it was time to go, he asked when he could see us again. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he asked us to come back and he would cook us a mean steak.. That was so Sweet!!.. He then walked us out to the car and told us that he supports Amber 100% to do what she wants to do. On Friday, we were having the big BBQ and Amber's family said they were not going to be able to make it because of work, but Heavenly Father is amazing and they came at the last minute.

The BBQ was a huge success. There were 14 missionaries there and we had a full house. We put up 28 tables with 9 chairs at each table and filled them all! It was so amazing!

Sunday came around and Amber and her brother came to church. We taught the Sunday School class and asked Amber if she was ready to be baptized and she said yes.. So March 24th we will baptize her. She has been reading the Book of Mormon that you sent me with Dad's testimony in it. I know that Heavenly Father is helping us here in Bessemer. We will baptize Lorenzo this Saturday, then Johndaris and Tawana on the 10th of March then Amber on the 24th.

Things are going so good, I am praying I will stay in this area for the next transfer coming up on March 14th.

Thank you so much for all your love and support..

Love yall

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment