Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving




Hi Fam,

We had another baptism this weekend. Sonya was baptized by Curtis who is one of the Priests in the ward who is trying to decide whether or not to go on a mission. President and Sister Holzapfel came to the baptism too.

Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving. A family in the ward with the last name of Campbell invited us to Thanksgiving dinner. They have a huge house and had about 100 people there for dinner. I felt at home for a second cuz it was like being in Howell for Thanksgiving. ;) They fed us well.

We played in the ward “turkey bowl” on Saturday. We played at McAdory High School where Bo Jackson played high school football. (pretty cool!) We killed the Elders Quorum and then killed the young men. Everyone said I had the touchdown of the game. I caught a long pass fighting to stay in bounds tip toeing into the end zone! I am way sore but it was way fun!! After, the Bishop took us to a mexican restaurant for lunch. The food was way good. Later in the day we went to a part member family. We are working with two of their sons. Pretty good day!!

Oh, it has been raining non-stop here for past few days. So last night we had just finished eating and I looked outside and saw something moving. I opened the door to see what it was and it looked like a wolf! I grabbed Elder Sawyer who said “oh it’s only a dog”. So we took our left over cake and lured him into the house!!! I took a video of him coming into the house to get the cake and a picture of him eating it out in the rain on the lawn. I will send the video and picture. Tell me what you think!

I missed y’all on Thanksgiving, but I know I am supposed to be here helping families become eternal families like ours. We are working hard and things are going well. I love the ward here. They are very nice a helpful. And guess what yesterday was? My four month mark! Wow, time is really flying by fast.

Our Bishop lives on a lake. So on P-day I went fishing. Not too successful, I will send you a picture of my catch. haha

Mom, thanks again for the package. I also received a package from Ryan and Tosh. Please thank them for me.

Dad, I’m glad you and Rhett had a good time on your missionary trip. I was glad to hear it worked out and you we’re able to see all of them.

Thank you for your love, support and prayers. I hope you all have a good week.

Love,

Elder Anderson

1 comment: