Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Halloween





October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

This week has gone by so fast! We are still not tracting so me and Elder Coleman are working with less active members of the ward by providing service. This week we provided service for the Bazzles. It is a couple and the husband is an engineer on a train. Me and Elder Coleman have been bugging him about taking us for a ride on the train and letting us get some pictures. Well, I guess it worked. He took us down and I got to drive the train for about 5 miles. He let us shift the transmission, blow the horn at railroad crossings and everything!!! When I was engineering, (haha) I had the train going 50 mph pulling 56 box cars! I was so sweet! I don’t think too many can say they drove a train on their mission.J After we went back to their house raked leafs, cleaned off their roof and rain gutters then mowed their lawn with their John Deere riding mower. After working in the yard he took us to lunch. It was a great day! Tonight we will be going back to spend Halloween with them. We had more service lined up for the next day but it fell through. So we went to President Memory’s office and raked leafs there. He was grateful for our service.

Nadine kicked William out of the house but when we went back this week he had moved back in. So we told her strait up she would not be baptized until he is gone. She now has a huge decision to make. I hope she makes the right one. Please keep her in your prayers. Nadine’s daughter and grandson are still scheduled to be baptized on November 5th. We are hoping they will keep their commitment.

Nykesha spoke in church Sunday. She did a good job. She talked about us (the missionaries) in her talk and how close she feels to us. She and the kids are amazing and doing well.

I am so glad to hear Grandma Gayle came to church again on Sunday and stayed for all three meetings!! Please tell her how proud I am of her and how much I love her!

Get this! I taught the lesson in Sunday School. It was on marriage! Dang… that weird, I’m talking to all these people that are married and I have never been married. (haha) oh well, it went well.

Man, I miss our ward Halloween party. They had one here at the ward for the kids and it was a disaster! There were just a ton of kids totally out of control. (haha) Oh well, I guess they were having fun.

Things are going well here. I was able to go on a transfer with Elder Olsen for a few days. It was way fun. The two Carter Hills missionaries moved out today. All’s good, I love those guys but a little less stress and less people to share the one bathroom in the house. We have transfers coming up on November 9th. I’m looking forward to it. I want to meet new people and see new places. Montgomery is not the best environment and I want to see what else Alabama has to offer.

This week we have five dinner appointments lined up. Pretty crazy, but nice to get fed!

Lesa Wells wrote me a letter so I wrote her back today. Dad, I’m glad the football video helped Steve. It is amazing what we can do with the Priesthood.

Mom and Dad, thanks for the new camera. Thank you all for your love, support and prayers. I hope you have a great week.

Much love,

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment