Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A pretty fast week


Hi Ya'll

So this week has gone pretty fast.  On Monday we taught Craton's sister's boyfriend, but he thinks that all churches are true.  Oh well, we tried.  Then we headed over to Craton's house.  He was packing for his mission.  Sunday was a little tough for me it was Craton’s farewell and we came to be pretty close friends. His dad talked then he talked and during his talk he said I just want to thank Elder Anderson and Sawyer and he started to tear up, for all they have done for me. It made me feel so good to know we were able to make an impact on him. We later went to say bye to Craton.  He is a good kid, he will do well.

Tuesday I went to Jasper.  We took the back way to save miles and that was where the last tornado came through. I was able to see where it hit. It was about 6 to 9 miles north of our house and it destroyed a lot. Jasper is the hit man city of the U.S. You can hire a hit man for really cheap there. It’s more of a country setting with a lot of land with cows and horses. I was with Elder Shaw, our district leader, and they have a 2 bed room apt up there. We got there and biked across town and it dumped rain on us like buckets! People were yellin at us sayin come stand under here! That’s one thing that’s nice here, if there is a storm, everyone no matter what will let you in cuz they know what can happen. So we stood under a porch for about 45 mins as the roads just flooded! It took 3 days for my shoes to dry out!

 On Wednesday we drove back to Bessemer and met Tina, the subway lady, and her mom and son.  Their question was where do we go after this life before heaven! I wish everyone would ask questions like that.. then that night we went out to the Reeds and taught the restoration and she understood it.   That went good.   We had elk lasagna and then he gave us 5lbs of deer jerky! mmmm so good!

 Thursday we weekly planned then went out with the Smiths. Elder Sawyer and I tried so hard to get in contact with a part member family and we never could. I felt impressed to go and try to see them. So we went out and the mom answered the door and had us come in. She has twin girls age 8 and a 10 yr. old boy not baptized.  We talked a bit and I just straight up asked her would you be alright with them being baptized?  She said yes. That’s what I want to happen! So that’s way exciting. We are going over on Wednesday night to start teaching them! Then we went to the Campbell’s and taught Ashley and showed her how everything was going to go for her baptism on Saturday. She was excited.

Friday I went on my last exchange with elder York :( he goes home on the 26th. We had a great time! Saturday, Ashley was baptized and her family came. It went really well! Then we went to the Campbell’s for pizza afterwards. That night I had a very bad head ache! It killed. People think it’s because I have allergies down here.

 For gospel principles on Sunday, we watched the restoration, the extended one. Sister Reed was crying the whole time the spirit was so strong! We are going to ask her to be baptized tomorrow!  Later we took the sacrament to Sister Ali because she wasn't at church. So that’s how my week was. Pretty good week in all. This may be my last week here in Bessemer!!! Transfer are next Wednesday, we’ll see what happens.

Love Ya'll, 

Elder Anderson




p.s.  Mom don't get mad at my picture.  I am just following in Uncle Rex's footsteps.  

No comments:

Post a Comment