Sunday, March 25, 2012

a service week






Hi Ya'll,

So I forgot my planner, so it is going to be hard to get all the details of my week. We fished on prep day. Tuesday we had our Preach My Gospel class. Wednesday we had ward cor and went to seminary. Thursday we had our weekly planning meeting. Then at night on Thursday, we went to Amber's house and taught her family. Her step dad thinks that it is just by the grace of God that we are saved and that it has nothing to do with our works. I didn't want to bash, so I went home and called Elder York and found a ton of scriptures in the Bible that say if you just accept Jesus as your Savior, you are saved.. so to me, it is pretty much a cop out for those who don't want to do it the right way. I then found some more scriptures that talk about doing works like 2 Nephi 31 so we will have a lot to talked about next time we go over there. Friday we went to lunch with the Hepworth’s at the Cracker Barrel, which was really fun. We then went out tracting, but with not much luck. That night we went to the Campbell's with Craton and taught Ashley a lesson on the gospel of Jesus Christ and ate a ton of shrimp. The lesson went good. She asked the question why is baptism so different in our church than other churches. I told her there were 2 parts in our church. The baptism and also the confirmation to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. I told her that baptism was pointless without the confirmation, and it really upset her. I didn't mean to say it that way, so I just sat there for a minute and said, let me share a scripture with you not having any idea what I was going to share. So I said, in Acts, I flipped it open to Acts and nothing was highlighted, but I read a scripture where Peter asks these people, Have you received the Holy Ghost? and they say no and he basically tells them that the baptism was pointless. It was so crazy how it all happened. When Craton, Elder Epperson and I got in the car, they both asked me how I pulled that off. As soon as we got home, I grabbed my other scriptures that I always mark up and turned to the scripture that I read to Ashley and it wasn't even marked in that book. I know that the Holy Ghost helped me in that situation because I don't think I have ever read that scripture before in my life.

Saturday we went and help the Hepworth’s lay cement in their basement. This is going to sound like a lie, but it is not. We mixed and laid 3,200 lbs. of cements. It was a lot of work, but worth it. Brother Hepworth's dad was there to help us out, it looks really good. Then we cut our lawn for Brother Stacey (he owns our house). Then Sunday was a really long day. I had a really bad headache, but we went to Sister Ali's and had dinner after church, then we came home and studied.

It was a pretty busy week..

Love you all.. Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment