Monday, July 2, 2012

11 months and counting



Hi y’all

Here's a rundown of our past week. 

Tuesday we went to try to see a lot of the members and less actives and so we did that most of the day.

Wednesday we had district meeting in Scottsboro. Then on the way home we saw more members. That night we had branch mission council.

Thursday we did service for a thrift store down here and they just had us do all the nasty jobs :) it was great! Then we tracked most the day. Later that day we went to the all-star team’s last practice. Elder Whipple and I had written each one of the boys on the team a little letter and then wrote our testimonies in Book of Mormons to give to the parents at the first playoff game the following day. The parents all wrote President Holzapfel letters thanking him for allowing us to help with the team. That was so nice of them. We went to the practice and it was so hot we just died in our long pants. The team gave us a team hat and they are way sweet. They also sent one to Elder James in Cali.

Friday same thing tracked a lot of the day, then that night went to the all-star game. They got killed! It is double elimination so after the game they talked about their next game that would be Saturday at 8. We would not be able to go to the game because our mission president was coming to meet with us and some investigators. I asked the coach if I could say a few words and he said yes. I stood there for a second and just started crying in front of the whole team. I thanked them for all they had done, for the examples they have been to me and for allowing us to help. As I looked up, a lot of the boys were in tears and they all come up after and gave us hugs. We gave them the letters and the parents the Book of Mormons. Only 1 family didn't take one. One of the coaches is a youth minister and he even took one! It was so great! I hope this will open some doors to share the gospel.

Saturday rolls around and my heart would not stop racing all day. President Holzapfel is one of the last people I would ever want to disappoint. The night came and Elder Whipple and I felt the need to show the hour long restoration film. We were so nervous about the meeting because we told president that the lessons are only 45 minutes long. Anyway, we got to the church and watched it. The spirit was so strong and I was dreading for it to be over because the lights were off and when they came back on I knew I had to share my testimony. It’s so hard for me to bear my testimony, especially about Joseph Smith ever since Dad took me to the Sacred Grove. I got up and could not even talk, I was crying so hard. Once I calmed down I said how thankful I am for Joseph Smith and all he went through to restore the gospel. Then Elder Whipple bore his testimony and talked about his little brother he lost. Then another member bore his testimony and then President Holzapfel bore his. It was just a huge chain reaction and it was amazing! I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers! We got there at 6:30 and ended up leaving the church at 8:30. I’m thinking great we went way over time, but president told us we did the right thing and that he was very glad he came to that lesson that night. I am thankful to have the amazing mission president that I have.

Sunday we were at it again. President Holzapfel came and taught in a combined Priesthood and Relief Society meeting, then turned around and spoke in sacrament meeting. I got an idea.... send me a walkie talkie and you can hear him too :) maybe someday!

Well, sorry this is kind of long but hope y’all have a great week! Can you believe on Wednesday I will have been out 11 months! On Wednesday we are going to the temple and I can’t think of a better place to be than at the temple!

Thanks for all your love and support!





Love, Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment